Streamable Video Frequently Asked Questions
We get occasional questions from folks who are having trouble playing
our archive of old presentations. This document attempts to answer some of them
- Not all talks are streamable
- Some of our speakers are, for various reasons, not
comfortable with having their talk
out there on the net,
and we respect their wishes. Most of these talks are available
from the club library on DVD or Blu-Ray, and can be checked out at one of
our monthly meetings.
Most talks are streamable only by paid-up members. If you are not logged in, you can view information about the talk, but instead of the
video window, you will be directed to log in.
- What happened to the BitTorrent Downloads?
Due to the incredible popularity of the high-def streaming
versions, interest in the BitTorrent downloads dropped to
almost zero. Maintenance of the tracker and seeder, as well
as four different rendering formats, was getting difficult, so
we dropped the feature. Downloadable .mp4 videos are still available on
request, or we can copy them onto a memory stick for
you. E-mail us
- We realize that streaming doesn’t work for everyone.
So we offer tons of alternatives.
- Bring a memory
stick or USB hard drive to one of the meetings and someone can copy any of the
downloadable talks for you.
- Check the DVD or Blu-Ray out of our library at the next meeting. There are actually quite a few talks in the library not available for download.
- Watch it live at the meetings! Always the best way...