Posted on Mon, 24 Jan 2022 by Erik
Upcoming Spring Schedule
Here is the upcoming schedule of GSAS meetings for the second half of the 2021/22 season. As one might expect, this is all subject to change based on pandemic status:
- February 8th (livestream) - Marcel Wuethrich - "Rhads" (the genus Rhadinocentrus)
- March 8th - Eric Bodrock from Oddball Aquatics. In-person planned, as well as bonus Monday talk.
- April 23rd - Annual big auction, outside, tented, White Center, Saturday!
- May 10th - Home Show Presentation
- June 14th - Rob McClure - Corydoras, Aspidoras and Scleromystax breeding. Likely also in-person
Posted on Tue, 04 Jan 2022 (updated Fri, 07 Jan) by Erik
January 11 (ONLINE): Alex Wenchel "The Intricacies of Aquarium Photography"
Tuesday, January 11th, 7:00 PM PST
Livestream at gsas.org/stream
Out of caution, we are taking our meeting online this month! In-person is cancelled, no auction.
Alex Wenchel is the creator and host of
Tank Tested, a YouTube channel with 100,000+ subscribers. And little wonder, the beautiful visuals and professional storytelling are very entertaining. He has kept aquariums for over twenty years, but it's only been in the last few that has gotten into (award-winning!) aquascaping.
By trade, Alex is a documentary and natural history filmmaker based in Washington, D.C. and has been producing digital series for National Geographic. For instance, check out Nat Geo Wild's Wild's Wild Life with Bertie Gregory
or Symbio's Wild Warrior.