Posted on Sat, 28 Aug 2021 by Erik
GSAS is cautiously returning to in-person meetings and auctions this fall! We will be requiring proof of vaccination at all in-person events to help keep everyone as safe as possible. Members will be able to watch all presentations online eventually, so we will try to accommodate folks who are sick, unvaccinated or not comfortable with with in-person events yet. And of course, everything is subject to changes in pandemic state, state and local laws, as well as Seattle Pacific University's outside events policy.
Here is the upcoming tentative schedule:
- September 13th (MONDAY) 7:00 PM PDT: Bailin Shaw on easy Medium-tech aquascaping. This will be another YouTube livestream at gsas.org/stream like the last year and a half.
- September 14th, 7:30 PM: The day after our September speaker, join us for an in-person social meeting with small auction! Details to follow. Our usual room will not be available, so this will be in Demaray Hall.
- October 12th. 7:30 PM: GSAS's own HAP assassin Bentley Pascoe will be speaking on growing aquatic plants. Also in-person, also in Demaray Hall.
- November - Saturday - date and location TBD: Big Big Big live plant and animal auction.
- December 14th, 7:00 PM: Holiday Party at the SPU Gazebo. Celebrate the end of 2021 with a potluck feast, gift exchange, BAP and HAP awards, and of course, FISHO!